Sunday, August 30, 2009

First day of school blues

Tomorrow is my first day of junior year in college. I am so over first days of school. It's taken me 20 years to officially become immune to the back-to-school excitement; the school supplies/clothes shopping, etc. Each first day of school is supposed to mark a fresh start. I always remember fussing over what I would wear and the kind first impression I would make, especially on my first day of school at college-which is embarassing to think about now. My sophomore year was a little better. I just wanted to appear cool, collect, and confident. It's all about faking it. I've been through a hell of a lot in the past year, and this semester I just want to concentrate on getting through all of my work and classes alive. I'm too tired to try and be the outgoing, friendly girl that I normally am. I just want to survive. I guess I'm officially jaded. School is just work. I need to maintain my strength and health as much as possible to last for as long as I need it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment